Wednesday 3rd February
Good morning Sycamore class.
Here are the activities I would like you to complete today.
I suggest trying to do the English and Maths in the morning. You can print the work if you want to or you can read from the screen and answer on paper. Please save anything you do to bring into school once we are back so we can have a look at it. You can also ask your grown-ups to e-mail photos of your work to me each day if you want.
This morning we are going to write the first part of our build-up for Man on the Moon. Listen carefully to Ms Johnson’s ideas, as you might be able to magpie some to use yourself. I would love to hear some of your writing later on Zoom!
Here is the link to you lesson:
1. Spend about 15 minutes on TT Rock Stars. (If you’d like your table changing, let me know via email)
2. Open up the ‘Mental Maths’ activity from the resource section below.
3. Day 3 of Maths with Mrs B and we will be looking at the formal method of multiplying. There are 2 parts to today’s video so make sure you watch them both in order. Click this link for the first part, https://youtu.be/_GgoCgg8JG0 and this for the second https://youtu.be/Pb3ZDkbAvPY
4. After watching the videos, open up the 'Multiplying using the formal method' and calculate the answers.
Today in Topic we are going to be looking at chemistry and dissolving. Open up the ‘Dissolving’ activity sheet in the resource section below and follow the instructions. You will find a ‘Dissolving Results’ sheet in the resources too.
5) Children’s Mental Health Week
Let’s think about what we can do if we are feeling anxious or worried. Use the ‘flashcards’ in the resource section to create a poster of all the things you could try if you are feeling this way. I’m going to display some of them around school so keep hold of them in a safe place until we’re back.
Get active today. PE with Joe, Dancing with Oti, walking or any other activity. If you can’t get out of the house because your adults are working from home, then think about creating an exercise station in your bedroom, lounge or garden.