Tuesday 2nd February
Good morning Sycamore class.
Here are the activities I would like you to complete today.
I suggest trying to do the English and Maths in the morning. You can print the work if you want to or you can read from the screen and answer on paper. Please save anything you do to bring into school once we are back so we can have a look at it. You can also ask your grown-ups to e-mail photos of your work to me each day if you want.
Today you will be practising writing a range of sentences that you could use in the build-up of Man on the Moon. Make sure you keep this work safe, as you can use these sentences when you come to write the actual build-up later in the week.
Here is the link to your lesson:
1. Spend about 15 minutes on TT Rock Stars. (If you’d like your table changing, let me know via email)
2. Open up the ‘Mental Maths’ activity from the resource section below.
3. Today will be video 2 of Mrs B does maths and we will be looking at the grid method of multiplying. Click this link to watch the video. https://youtu.be/RdICSZeb-gE (Part one) https://youtu.be/585gWcvPsO8 (Part 2) The tutorial is in two parts so once you’ve watched the first, click this link for the second part.
4. Open up the ‘Multiplying using the gird method’ activity from the resource section below and complete the calculations.
Today in topic we will be looking at physics and one of my favourite investigations – the egg drop! Open up the ‘Egg Drop Investigation’ activity and follow the instructions. You will also need a copy of ‘Egg Drop Results’ form the resource section below. Don’t forget to send me pictures of your eggy investigation!
5) Children’s Mental Health Week
Today, Let us think about everything that makes us great. Open up the ‘Amazing Me’ activity from the resource section below. Read each statement and fill in the blanks so that it becomes all about you.