Thursday 11th February
Good morning Sycamore class.
Here are the activities I would like you to complete today.
I suggest trying to do the English and Maths in the morning. You can print the work if you want to or you can read from the screen and answer on paper. Please save anything you do to bring into school once we are back so we can have a look at it. You can also ask your grown-ups to e-mail photos of your work to me each day if you want.
Today’s lesson is all about reading. You will be thinking about these things:
- different books you can remember reading since the first book you remember sharing with a grown up
- the sorts of books you like to read
- where you like to read
- who you like to read with
You will then be using this to design your own reading river. Watch the lesson to find out how to do this.
Here is the link to your lesson:
1. Spend about 15 minutes on TT Rock Stars. (If you’d like your table changing, let me know via email)
2. Open up the ‘Power Up’ activity from the resource section below and use it to warm up your maths brain.
3. This morning we will be continuing to look at short division. Click the link to follow today’s maths lesson. Short division (Part 2) (thenational.academy)
Use your spelling patterns and rules to find all your spellings hidden in the word search.
For topic today we will be exploring the story behind Chinese New Year. Click this link to watch a Cbeebies video all about it. https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/stories/lets-celebrate-chinesenewyearperformance After that, open up the ‘Stick Puppets’ resource. You can cut these out and tape them onto cocktails sticks, straws, rolled up pieces of paper, lolly sticks (anything you have to hand at home) to create your own set of stick puppets. Once you have done this, act out the story with someone at home. Maybe you could film it and send it to me so we can share it on our zoom.
5) Yoga Quest
Wow! I loved our adventure through Desert George. Let’s keep going through the Rumbly Jungle. The first character we will meet is Stezzi the parrot. You will need a new map to tick off the places you visit in the jungle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIBz0IdOFiQ